Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Noel Gallagher blasts Lady Gaga – claims her career is based on 'meat suits' and 'controversy'
Posted on Thursday, September 29, 2011 at 09:49 AM
- Will Ferrell tried to keep Kanye West happy on the set of "Anchorman 2"
- Vin Diesel comforted by Paul Walker's family after losing his "other half"
- Paris Hilton's brother plans to sue Lindsay Lohan after ordered attack
- One Direction are close to signing a deal for their own reality show
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother
He said: "I don't give a f***ing monkey's about Lady Gaga. It's all about the meat suit and the controversy. Is it about music? Really? She's got the publicity side sorted, but where's the f***ing music.
"Her album gets played a lot around my house by my daughter and it's Madonna-lite. Madonna was hardcore. She took it to the edge musically as well as everything else.
Noel Gallagher says celebrities have wrecked twitter trying to sell people their 's**t' with it
'X Factor's' Simon Cowell says Lady Gaga is one of the 'most boring singer in the world'
Noel Gallagher is as talented as David Bowie – according to his mum - VIDEO
"Twenty years from now, will we listen to Lady Gaga? No. She might think she is making a stand for the freaks and the weirdos. But they're not going to have any decent f***ing music to play are they?"
The former Oasis star – who has an 11-year-old daughter Anais with his ex-wife Meg Matthews and two sons, three-year-old Donovan and 10-month-old Sonny, with his current spouse Sara MacDonald - is disappointed that most current rock bands have nothing interesting to say and laments the lack of a "focal point" for rock 'n' roll.
He added in an interview with Q magazine: "Who will retell the rock 'n' roll story for a new generation? The problem with bands these days is half of them get the music right but you read an interview and think, 'I can't buy into them as people.'
"It's become this prevailing thing where, 'It's all about the music.' It's not. It's more than that. The way you look or what you say or what you stand for is crucial. People are so wary of being the spokesman for a generation. It's a bulls**t tag, but still … I wish someone would provide a focal point."
Be the first to make a comment.
Latest Gossip Stories
- Will Ferrell tried to keep Kanye West happy on the set of "Anchorman 2"...
- Vin Diesel comforted by Paul Walker's family after losing his "other half"...
- Paris Hilton's brother plans to sue Lindsay Lohan after ordered attack...
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother ...
- The Wanted star Siva Kaneswaran has got engaged to his long-term girlfriend Nareesha McCaf...
- Susan Boyle believes her mother's ghost is with her "all the time"...