Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
No engagement for Rory McIlroy and Caroline Wozniacki despite online rumors
Posted on Thursday, November 29, 2012 at 07:58 AM
- George Clooney isn't bothered about not being a father
- Amanda Bynes has been released from rehab
- “Dracula” star Jonathan Rhys Meyers spotted partying in London nightclubs
- Tragic “Fast and Furious” star Paul Walker proud of his Irish roots
- Orlando Bloom is dating 'Lord of the Rings' co-star Liv Tyler
|Caroline Wozniacki poses with Rory McIlroy on Sunday in Dubai.|
On Monday, someone named Sascha Bajin, best known at the practice partner of Serena Williams, tweeted that Caroline and Rory became engaged. Caroline, though, wasn’t impressed.
“Can’t believe you started rumors like that!” she tweeted back. “Not engaged yet, but you’ll be the first to know if we do!;)”
To which Sascha replied, “I already bought a wedding gift. And you know I would never start rumors. Some birdie told me a lie I guess lol.”
Wozniacki, 22, Rory’s girl for more than a year, was traveling with him last week in Dubai for his last tournament of the year which he won, putting lots of daylight on the PGA tour between him and his closest competitors. Woz sat in on one of Rory’s press conferences and put on a reporter’s hat to ask what she was getting for Christmas.
“You obviously have unbelievable support this week. So, you know, if you win this week, am I going to get a really nice Christmas present, and what am I going to get?” Wozniacki asked.
Public displays of icki-ness like this are always kind of lame, but Rory, only 23, played along anyway.
“That's great. I've got my parents here,” Rory responded. “Have you not already got a lot of nice presents? It won't take winning this week to buy you a nice present. I think you'll get a nice present anyway.”
The gift, apparently, won’t be a rock, or at least not of the kind that says a marriage is on the way.
But given the millions Rory made this year, we’re sure he won’t disappoint!
Rory and Caroline, or Wozzilroy as they like to style themselves, may not be on the marriage train yet, but Rory’s fellow Northern Irish pro Graeme McDowell, winner of the 2010 U.S. Open, decided to take the plunge and get engaged to his American girlfriend Kristin Stape, an interior designer based in Florida.
"I did it properly, getting down on one knee," said McDowell, 33. "She had no idea what was going on and was shocked and stunned. I even found myself getting a little bit emotional.” They’ll make it official at the end of next year. See more: Irish in Golf
Be the first to make a comment.
Latest Gossip Stories
- George Clooney isn't bothered about not being a father...
- Amanda Bynes has been released from rehab...
- Jamie Dornan heads to Canada as filming begins on “Fifty Shades of Grey”...
- U2 pays tribute to late South African leader at screening of “Mandela: Long Walk to Freedo...
- Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are planning a festive break in France...
- Lindsay Lohan is reportedly dating Liam Neeson's son Michael...