Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Nicolas Cage's son told Spider-Man Reeve Carney he wanted to "fly" with him in the Broadway show
Posted on Friday, December 23, 2011 at 08:56 AM
- Lindsay Lohan apologized to Oprah Winfrey for being linked to Barron Hilton assault
- Ellen DeGeneres slammed reports her marriage to Portia de Rossi on the rocks
- Drew Barrymore and Will Kopelman are expecting another baby girl
- Courteney Cox is dating Snow Patrol County Derry musician Johnny McDaid
- Bono, Charlize Theron among stars at Nelson Mandela's memorial
During the behind the scenes tour, Kal-El told Reeve has was named by his dad Nicolas after fellow comic book hero Superman and insisted he would have joined him for some superpower fun if he'd brought his cape.
Speaking to the New York Post newspaper, a source revealed the schoolboy told the actor, "I’m Kal-El. This is my dad. I was named after Superman. I’d fly with you, but I don’t have my cape.”
Nicolas is a huge Superman fan and recently sold a rare comic book for over $2.1 million.
The 'Trespass' actor put 'Action Comics No. 1' up for sale in an online auction and it eventually was bought for $2,161,000.
The comic – which Nicolas purchased in 1997 for around $150,000 -features the debut of Superman in popular culture and is believed to be one of only 100 left in existence.
It was graded at 9.0, making it the best condition of an 'Action No. 1' that has ever been graded by the leading comic book grading company, Certified Guaranty Company.
Be the first to make a comment.
Latest Gossip Stories
- Courteney Cox is dating Snow Patrol County Derry musician Johnny McDaid...
- Bono, Charlize Theron among stars at Nelson Mandela's memorial...
- Will Ferrell tried to keep Kanye West happy on the set of "Anchorman 2"...
- Vin Diesel comforted by Paul Walker's family after losing his "other half"...
- Paris Hilton's brother plans to sue Lindsay Lohan after ordered attack...
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother ...