Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Nicki Minaj has ‘love and respect’ for fellow American Idol judge Mariah Carey
Posted on Thursday, October 04, 2012 at 09:47 AM
- Lindsay Lohan apologized to Oprah Winfrey for being linked to Barron Hilton assault
- Ellen DeGeneres slammed reports her marriage to Portia de Rossi on the rocks
- Drew Barrymore and Will Kopelman are expecting another baby girl
- Courteney Cox is dating Snow Patrol County Derry musician Johnny McDaid
- Bono, Charlize Theron among stars at Nelson Mandela's memorial
|Mariah Carey & Niki Minaj|
She said: "Up until the rumours, I didn't think there would be a problem because she and I had worked together, I had so much genuine love for her and respect for her, I was shocked hearing the rumours as well."
However, the pink-haired star insists that any disagreements on the judging panel would not become major personal problems and tensions would end once filming stopped.
Speaking on the 'Kyle & Jackie O Show' on 2Day FM, she added: "It is what it is, it's a competition, we're there to help someone else become a superstar, I think if we disagree on the judging panel, then we disagree on the judging panel, it's not something that's going to bleed into our regular lives, we don't take it home with us. It is good TV, I definitely think people are going to be very, very interested in this season."
Show bosses cancelled filming in Charlotte, North Carolina for the day after a huge row between Nicki and Mariah which saw the latter star brand her fellow panellist a bitch, prompting the 'Super Bass' singer to hit back, allegedly threatening and swearing at her rival.
Producers are now worried about how the pair will manage to work together for the rest of the season.
Be the first to make a comment.
Latest Gossip Stories
- Courteney Cox is dating Snow Patrol County Derry musician Johnny McDaid...
- Bono, Charlize Theron among stars at Nelson Mandela's memorial...
- Will Ferrell tried to keep Kanye West happy on the set of "Anchorman 2"...
- Vin Diesel comforted by Paul Walker's family after losing his "other half"...
- Paris Hilton's brother plans to sue Lindsay Lohan after ordered attack...
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother ...