Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Nicki Minaj has ‘love and respect’ for fellow American Idol judge Mariah Carey
Posted on Thursday, October 04, 2012 at 09:47 AM
- ‘Twilight’ couple Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson had reportedly grown apart
- ‘X Factor’ judge Demi Lovato is having her tonsils out this summer
- Lindsay Lohan allegedly struggling with her latest stint in rehab
- Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart reportedly going their separate ways after latest split
- ‘One Direction’ lothario Harry Styles is reportedly being romantically pursued by Ke$ha and Rihanna
|Mariah Carey & Niki Minaj|
She said: "Up until the rumours, I didn't think there would be a problem because she and I had worked together, I had so much genuine love for her and respect for her, I was shocked hearing the rumours as well."
However, the pink-haired star insists that any disagreements on the judging panel would not become major personal problems and tensions would end once filming stopped.
Speaking on the 'Kyle & Jackie O Show' on 2Day FM, she added: "It is what it is, it's a competition, we're there to help someone else become a superstar, I think if we disagree on the judging panel, then we disagree on the judging panel, it's not something that's going to bleed into our regular lives, we don't take it home with us. It is good TV, I definitely think people are going to be very, very interested in this season."
Show bosses cancelled filming in Charlotte, North Carolina for the day after a huge row between Nicki and Mariah which saw the latter star brand her fellow panellist a bitch, prompting the 'Super Bass' singer to hit back, allegedly threatening and swearing at her rival.
Producers are now worried about how the pair will manage to work together for the rest of the season.