Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Niall Horan and the One Direction boys insist fame hasn't changed them
Posted on Wednesday, November 07, 2012 at 08:32 AM
- Kristen Stewart has been leaning on her friends since splitting from Robert Pattinson
- One Direction's clean freak Harry Styles' bandmates have nicknamed him "Mrs. Mop"
- "Broken City" star Mark Wahlberg's son loves to punch him "in the nuts"
- One Direction’s Niall Horan says he’ll strip naked if his The Eagles go on tour
- Carey Mulligan "scared" Joel and Ethan Coen with her foul-mouthed audition tape for "Inside Llewyn Davis"
Newly single Liam Payne, 19, said: "For us, the main thing is we've just been ourselves. Lots of people get into our situation and you hear that they've changed. We've just stayed as ourselves.
"There's a lot of things the fans don't know about us. People still ask whether we really get on or not - and we genuinely do. A lot of people don't believe that."
The boys - who were put together on Simon Cowell's talent show 'The X Factor' UK in 2010 - think they have broken the mould of what boy bands are supposed to be like by acting their age and not being afraid to look "stupid".
Louis Tomlinson, 20, added in an interview with Wonderland magazine "I think previous boy bands felt they had to meet a stereotype. We're just ourselves - stupid, immature and quirky."
One Direction - also comprised of Zayn Malik, 19, Harry Styles, 18, and 19-year-old Niall Horan - are being forced to embark on a gruelling fitness regime ahead of their eight-month run of shows kicking off in December.