Newly crowned Miss America Mallory Hytes Hagan soaks up the sun in Hawaii
- Courteney Cox is dating Snow Patrol County Derry musician Johnny McDaid
- Bono, Charlize Theron among stars at Nelson Mandela's memorial
- Will Ferrell tried to keep Kanye West happy on the set of "Anchorman 2"
- Vin Diesel comforted by Paul Walker's family after losing his "other half"
- Paris Hilton's brother plans to sue Lindsay Lohan after ordered attack
|Miss America Mallory Hytes Hagan|
Irish Entertainment Blog
Mallory Hytes Hagan, 24, from Brooklyn, New York, has taken to the job of being Miss America with style. This week the newly crowned victor took some well deserved time off to soak up the sun in Hawaii.
According to the Daily Mail, Hagan, who claimed the prestigious title last month, tweeted on Monday that she had landed in Maui on yet another leg of her national media tour.
Hagan is reportedly touring the Hawaiian islands to meet leaders of Amway's skincare and beauty brand Artistry, because as Miss America she's the firm's official ambassador.
It's been the first real break in an exhaustive schedule. Since being crowned winner on January 12 Hagan has traveled thousands of travel miles to various destinations on the East Coast for interviews and press events.
But the young star has experience in her field. Before her recent win Hagan held the titles of Miss New York 2012, Miss New York City 2012, Miss Manhattan 2011 and Miss Brooklyn 2010.
Meanwhile Hagan has an unusually healthy attitude to beauty and body image, freely admitting that her weight constantly fluctuates which has helped her make healthy decisions about how she looks after her body.
At January's Miss America contest she defeated Miss South Carolina Ali Rogers, who took second, and Miss Oklahoma Alicia Clifton, who finished third.
Her prize was substantial, alongside a silver crown and sash Hagan was awarded a $50,000 scholarship prize fund.
In the meantime she will reportedly spend her title reign on a nationwide speaking tour while raising money for the Children's Miracle Network, the organization's official charity.
A former communications student at the famed Fashion Institute of Technology in Manhattan, Hagan says her eventual plan is to graduate with a degree in advertising and marketing, enabling her to enter the cosmetics industry.
Offering advice to young girls during an interview with Fox News she said: 'It’s okay for you to take time to figure out what your passion’s going to be. And education is extremely important but let’s make sure that you’re going to school for what you want to do and that you have a passion for what you are doing.'
- Courteney Cox is dating Snow Patrol County Derry musician Johnny McDaid...
- Bono, Charlize Theron among stars at Nelson Mandela's memorial...
- Will Ferrell tried to keep Kanye West happy on the set of "Anchorman 2"...
- Vin Diesel comforted by Paul Walker's family after losing his "other half"...
- Paris Hilton's brother plans to sue Lindsay Lohan after ordered attack...
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother ...