New York police ask Charlie Sheen back to city for questioning
By: Amy Andrews | Published Tuesday, November 30, 2010, 3:30 AM | Updated Sunday, August 4, 2013, 3:29 AM
READ MORE- Irish American porn star sues Charlie Sheen for distress SEE PHOTOS- Christina Walsh Photo Gallery
The NYPD are asking Charlie Sheen and his ex-wife Denis Richards to travel to Manhattan this week for questioning regarding the actor's recent rampage at the Plaza Hotel.
The saga reignited last week when Christina Walsh filed a criminal harassment complaint against the “Two and a Half Men” star before appearing in a series of television interviews. Ms Walsh has claimed that Sheen terrorized her that night and that she was offered $3,500 to accompany him to dinner, a payment she never received.
Sheen was quick to respond with a counter suit and accused Ms Walsh of trying to extort $1million from him as hush money. The suit, obtained by TMZ, reads: "At no time did Sheen assault, batter or threaten Walsh," (described as "an opportunistic pornographic film star and publicity-hungry scam artist") who "fabricated a sensational tale about being assaulted, battered and held against her will".
The following day, the Irish American porn star decided to refrain from filing the lawsuit, saying the talking to the press and the police she "experienced the natural emotions of many domestic violence victims, that of fear, anxiety and a certain level of empowerment".
The NYPD will now investigate her criminal complaint, but they are puzzled by why Ms Walsh didn't file a police report at the time of the offence.
"She said he was shouting at her, knocking things off in the hotel room, acting irrational. She voluntarily locked herself in the bathroom and was not held against her will. She was not a victim of assault. She was not imprisoned in the hotel room," an NYPD spokesman said.READ MORE- Irish American porn star sues Charlie Sheen for distress SEE PHOTOS- Christina Walsh Photo Gallery