Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Neil Patrick Harris is engaged - after gay marriages was made legal in New York
Posted on Monday, June 27, 2011 at 09:22 AM
- Bradley Cooper is ‘grateful for’ 'The Hangover' franchise
- George Clooney’s girlfriend Stacy Keibler wants to star in a romantic comedy
- ‘Suddenly Susan’ star Brooke Shields has overcome her fear of talk shows
- Sinead O’Connor gets kicked off dating website for her dirty talk
- Kristen Stewart is leaning on her female friends following her split from Robert Pattinson
He tweeted: "It PASSED! Marriage equality in NY!! Yes!! Progress!! Thank you everyone who worked so hard on this!! A historic night!
"David and I did propose to each other, but over five years ago. We've been wearing engagement rings for ages, waiting for an available date. (sic)"
Neil and David have been in a relationship since 2004 and became parents to twins Gideon Scott and Harper Grace in October 2010 via a surrogate mother.
Neil had been vocal about his desire to marry David, writing on twitter: "Please vote yes on marriage equality. It'd mean a lot to me and my family.
"I'd sure love to get married. Please, NY Senate, vote in favor of marriage equality today. My family would really appreciate it."