Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Neil Patrick Harris is engaged - after gay marriages was made legal in New York
Posted on Monday, June 27, 2011 at 09:22 AM
- One Direction star Harry Styles spent the night with Rod Stewart's daughter Kimberly
- 'Grey's Anatomy' star Patrick Dempsey would consider selling pot in his coffee shops
- ‘Silver Liver Playbook’ star Bradley Cooper is a hopeless romantic
- Niall Horan says eating Irish sausages and playing Croke Park will be ‘biggest moment’ in One Direction career
- One Direction's boys claim their tour bus is surprisingly boring
He tweeted: "It PASSED! Marriage equality in NY!! Yes!! Progress!! Thank you everyone who worked so hard on this!! A historic night!
"David and I did propose to each other, but over five years ago. We've been wearing engagement rings for ages, waiting for an available date. (sic)"
Neil and David have been in a relationship since 2004 and became parents to twins Gideon Scott and Harper Grace in October 2010 via a surrogate mother.
Neil had been vocal about his desire to marry David, writing on twitter: "Please vote yes on marriage equality. It'd mean a lot to me and my family.
"I'd sure love to get married. Please, NY Senate, vote in favor of marriage equality today. My family would really appreciate it."