Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Mindy McCready's former drugs counsellor believes the suicide of her boyfriend pushed her over the edge
Posted on Wednesday, February 27, 2013 at 09:11 AM
- Lindsay Lohan has never been better, according to her mother Dina
- Amanda Bynes allegedly lunged at a fan after he tried to take her photograph on Friday
- ‘Glee’ actor Matthew Morrison wants a musical collaboration with Adam Levine
- Lindsay Lohan allegedly ‘making life hell’ for staff and other patients at the Betty Ford clinic
- Gerard Butler has split from girlfriend Madalina Ghenea
He said: "I never thought Mindy would take her own life. I always thought if she died it would be at the hands of another because of her past physically abusive relationships with men.
"Mindy had lost custody of her kids before and didn't kill herself then. I absolutely believe that David Wilson's suicide a month ago pushed her over the edge and caused her to take her own life. This was someone that Mindy had a history and a child with, and they seemed to be working through their issues. It's just so sad that she took her own life."
Before shooting herself, Mindy - who had five-year-old son Zander with ex-boyfriend Billy McKnight, and 10-month-old Zayne with David - killed her pet dog and Bob believes the action demonstrated she wasn't in her "right mind" at the time of her death.
He told RadarOnline.com: "It was rage and anger that caused her to do that.
"Mindy obviously wasn't in her right mind when she picked up the gun on that night. She had underlying psychiatric issues and an addiction to alcohol and prescription drugs - and it was the perfect storm of events colliding all at once."