Mindy McCready's ex-boyfriend is not ‘shocked’ by her apparent suicide
- Orlando Bloom is dating 'Lord of the Rings' costar Liv Tyler
- Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are planning a festive break in France
- Lindsay Lohan is reportedly dating Liam Neeson's son Michael
- Colin Farrell thinks there’s a double standard for women when it comes to bad behavior
- Jamie Dornan will be great in “Fifty Shades of Gray” says Charlie Hunnam
The 37-year-old country singer's body was discovered on the porch of her home in Arkansas on Sunday after she allegedly shot herself.
Her former partner Billy McKnight - the father of Mindy's six-year-old son Zander - is not surprised by the tragedy because he knew Mindy had been fighting her "demons" for a long time.
Speaking on the 'Today' show, he explained: "As sad as it is, it didn't come as a major shock. She's just been battling demons for so long.
"I was around her when she attempted suicide twice, so I knew it was in her."
Billy was charged with attempted murder in 2005 following a row between the pair and Mindy attempted suicide later that year after being charged identity theft, unlawful imprisonment and hindering prosecution.
She also tried to kill herself while pregnant with Zander, which lead to numerous hospitalisations and stints in rehab.
Billy now worries for the welfare of Zander and his 10-month-old half-brother Zayne - whose father is Mindy's late fiance David Wilson, who committed suicide by shooting himself last month - and hopes his own son can live with him rather than being in foster care, where they were placed following the death of David.
Billy continued: "I feel for [Mindy's] mother and her family and especially my son. He needs to come home.
"I don't know what is going to happen to Zayne."
Fellow country singer LeAnn Rimes has expressed her grief at the news, describing the incident as a "tragedy".
She posted on Twitter: "My heart goes out to Mindy McCready's family. I knew her well. It's a horribly tragedy. May peace be with her sons (sic)"
Singer Carrie Underwood also shared her respect and condolences for Mindy's family, writing: "I grew up listening to Mindy McCready. So sad for her family tonight. Many prayers are going out to them (sic)"
Be the first to make a comment.
- Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are planning a festive break in France...
- Lindsay Lohan is reportedly dating Liam Neeson's son Michael...
- Colin Farrell thinks there’s a double standard for women when it comes to bad behavior...
- Jamie Dornan will be great in “Fifty Shades of Gray” says Charlie Hunnam...
- James Franco and Chris O’Dowd to star in “Of Mice and Men” on Broadway...