Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Michelle Obama guest of honor at Gwen Stefani's fundraising event
Posted on Tuesday, August 14, 2012 at 08:59 AM
- John Travolta's was upset 'Look Who's Talking' costar Kirstie Alley flirted with him
- Noel Gallagher thinks "embarrassing" Miley Cyrus has put female artists back "five years"
- Paris Hilton angered by Nelson Mandela Twitter hoax
- George Clooney finds gay rumors about himself amusing
- Amanda Bynes is advised against attending fashion school
|Michelle Obama and Gwen Stefani|
Tickets cost upwards of $2,500 per family of four and other guests included Nicole Richie, Joel Madden and Alyson Hannigan although Gwen's husband Gavin Rossdale was a notable absentee.
The 'Sunday of Fun' event was part of Michelle's husband Barack Obama's re-election campaign and Michelle thanked Gwen - who has two sons, Kingston, six, and three-year-old Zuma - for hosting such a great bash.
She said: "I want to thank Gwen, in particular, for being so kind and gracious and hosting us all here at her beautiful home. And even though Gavin couldn't be here, I also want to say a special thank you to him as well, and also to Kingston and Zuma. I mean, they are letting all of us just enter their house, all the chaos, and they're being so good about it today. So thank you, guys, for letting us come - indeed."
Barack will run against Mitt Romney in a bid to become the US President for a second term and Hollywood stars such as George Clooney and Sarah Jessica Parker have already hosted fundraising events for him.
Be the first to make a comment.
Latest Gossip Stories
- Noel Gallagher thinks "embarrassing" Miley Cyrus has put female artists back "five years"...
- John Travolta's was upset 'Look Who's Talking' costar Kirstie Alley flirted with him...
- Amanda Bynes is advised against attending fashion school...
- George Clooney finds gay rumors about himself amusing...
- George Clooney isn't bothered about not being a father...