Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Michael Shannon believes appearing in a forthcoming Superman movie proves he has "grown up"
Posted on Tuesday, March 13, 2012 at 10:07 AM
- Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are planning a festive break in France
- Lindsay Lohan is reportedly dating Liam Neeson's son Michael
- Colin Farrell thinks there’s a double standard for women when it comes to bad behavior
- Jamie Dornan will be great in “Fifty Shades of Gray” says Charlie Hunnam
- Amy Adams takes credit for her kiss with "cute" Jennifer Lawrence in 'American Hustle'
The 37-year-old actor is playing the role of evil General Zod in 'Man of Steel' and he admits although he is nervous about taking on such a responsibility, he thinks it proves he can deal with the pressure and act like an adult about it.
He said: "It's good to do something like this. It's good to take on that kind of responsibility – be a grown up, be able to feel that pressure and be OK with it.
Over 300 Irish a week moving to New York to find work says expert
Ireland’s most unromantic men named and shamed
"And let's face it, it's not neuroscience!"
Despite the importance of the part, 'Take Shelter' star Michael confesses he is not a fan of comic books – the medium by which Superman was originally portrayed.
He said: "I can't read comic books. They don't make any sense to me. I find they're very hard to follow. I'm never sure which panel to look at, and then I get confused."
Be the first to make a comment.
Latest Gossip Stories
- Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are planning a festive break in France...
- Lindsay Lohan is reportedly dating Liam Neeson's son Michael...
- Colin Farrell thinks there’s a double standard for women when it comes to bad behavior...
- Jamie Dornan will be great in “Fifty Shades of Gray” says Charlie Hunnam...
- James Franco and Chris O’Dowd to star in “Of Mice and Men” on Broadway...