Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Michael Shannon believes appearing in a forthcoming Superman movie proves he has "grown up"
Posted on Tuesday, March 13, 2012 at 10:07 AM
- Demi Lovato claims ‘X Factor’ creator Simon Cowell is very ‘humble’
- Michael Douglas' admires how exposed Matt Damon allowed himself be for 'Behind the Candelabra'
- Amanda Bynes feels like she is being ‘punked’
- Channing Tatum releases the first image of his newborn daughter Everly
- 'Man of Steel’ star Amy Adams can't let go of her Mormon values
The 37-year-old actor is playing the role of evil General Zod in 'Man of Steel' and he admits although he is nervous about taking on such a responsibility, he thinks it proves he can deal with the pressure and act like an adult about it.
He said: "It's good to do something like this. It's good to take on that kind of responsibility – be a grown up, be able to feel that pressure and be OK with it.
Over 300 Irish a week moving to New York to find work says expert
Ireland’s most unromantic men named and shamed
"And let's face it, it's not neuroscience!"
Despite the importance of the part, 'Take Shelter' star Michael confesses he is not a fan of comic books – the medium by which Superman was originally portrayed.
He said: "I can't read comic books. They don't make any sense to me. I find they're very hard to follow. I'm never sure which panel to look at, and then I get confused."