Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Michael Fassbender says he would have gone "ape sh*t" if he'd found fame at a young age
Posted on Tuesday, February 28, 2012 at 08:14 AM
- Kristen Stewart has been leaning on her friends since splitting from Robert Pattinson
- One Direction's clean freak Harry Styles' bandmates have nicknamed him "Mrs. Mop"
- "Broken City" star Mark Wahlberg's son loves to punch him "in the nuts"
- One Direction’s Niall Horan says he’ll strip naked if his The Eagles go on tour
- Carey Mulligan "scared" Joel and Ethan Coen with her foul-mouthed audition tape for "Inside Llewyn Davis"
He said: "You know, I spent a lot of time out of work. Now I'm trying to make hay while the sun is shining. I wouldn't change anything. The fame thing, the honey traps, I don't know that I would've handled it well at 23. I would've gone ape sh*t."
Despite being a huge star now, Michael is still very grounded, which he credits to his upbringing in rural Ireland.
He told Now magazine: "My upbringing was pretty innocent. Fishing, climbing trees and running around the countryside.
"I was also an altar boy at a local Catholic church responsible for unlocking the doors in the morning. I slept in a few times. The whole congregation would be waiting outside and I's be running across the fields with the keys."