Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Mel Gibson’s father calls the Pope gay on radio
Posted on Friday, August 13, 2010 at 10:11 AM
- Lindsay Lohan apologized to Oprah Winfrey for being linked to Barron Hilton assault
- Ellen DeGeneres slammed reports her marriage to Portia de Rossi on the rocks
- Drew Barrymore and Will Kopelman are expecting another baby girl
- Courteney Cox is dating Snow Patrol County Derry musician Johnny McDaid
- Bono, Charlize Theron among stars at Nelson Mandela's memorial
Mel Gibson’s 91-year-old father, Hutton, spoke out on a U.S radio labeling Pope Benedict XVI as gay.
Hutton is a devout Catholic, like Mel. During an interview on the Political Cesspool Radio Program, on Liberty News network, he was asked if the Catholic Church was addressing the issue of homosexuality.
He responded by saying “It’s not willing to do so because half of the people there in the Vatican are queer.” When asked if he thought the Pope was gay he said “I certainly do... why else would he put up with this?... He's a slippery character.”
During the, needless to say, interesting interview Hutton also explained a little about the satanic influences inside the Catholic Church and also claimed that the Pope is part of the Freemasons.
This particular radio show has in the past been criticized for promoting ant-Semitic, nationalist and white supremacist views. Perhaps Mel could have advised him against the live interview.
In a 2003 Hutton Gibson questioned the Holocaust and claimed that the 9/11 attacks were carried out by remote control.
Mel Gibson has been involved in major controversy over the years for his wild outbursts and hateful views. In 2006 he famously had an anti-Semitic outburst while being arrested for drunk driving.
Then in 2004 his self-directed movie “The Passion of the Christ” was accused of being anti-Semitic due to its portrayal of Jewish characters.
Most recently, Mel is involved in a custody case with his ex-girlfriend Oskana Grigorieva. They are in court battling for their nine-month-old daughter, Lucia.
Grigorieva said that Mel was violent, had beaten her and she also released recordings of Mel drunk and verbally abusing her. In the six tapes Mel uses offensive racial and violent language.
It would seem that neither of the Gibson men have learnt to keep their views to themselves.
Latest Gossip Stories
- Courteney Cox is dating Snow Patrol County Derry musician Johnny McDaid...
- Bono, Charlize Theron among stars at Nelson Mandela's memorial...
- Will Ferrell tried to keep Kanye West happy on the set of "Anchorman 2"...
- Vin Diesel comforted by Paul Walker's family after losing his "other half"...
- Paris Hilton's brother plans to sue Lindsay Lohan after ordered attack...
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother ...