Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Mel Gibson’s ex-wife Robyn received a huge chunk of his pension in their divorce
Posted on Friday, September 07, 2012 at 10:23 AM
- Kristen Stewart has been leaning on her friends since splitting from Robert Pattinson
- One Direction's clean freak Harry Styles' bandmates have nicknamed him "Mrs. Mop"
- "Broken City" star Mark Wahlberg's son loves to punch him "in the nuts"
- One Direction’s Niall Horan says he’ll strip naked if his The Eagles go on tour
- Carey Mulligan "scared" Joel and Ethan Coen with her foul-mouthed audition tape for "Inside Llewyn Davis"
Along with Mel’s Screen Actors Guild pension benefits, Robyn also received a large amount of his Directors Guild of America pension benefits and half of the benefits he accumulated through their production company Icon during their union.
It may take the actor some time to earn back the money he paid out to his ex, as he has claimed Hollywood is not yet ready to forgive him for a number of controversial incidents that have occurred in the last few years.
Mel was caught in an expletive and racist tirade against his child's mother, Oksana Grigorieva, in audio tapes released to the public.
He was again caught on tape laying into 'Maccabees' screenwriter Joe Eszterhas calling him a "f**king ****" among other things, and more recently his step-mother filed for a restraining order against the actor citing he spat in her face.
Mel said: "They have to forget. I don't even think they're vindictive. I don't think they think there's reason to forgive.
"And forgive what to begin with? What are they asking for? It's almost like can you please forgive me for what? What did I do, really? It is kind of ridiculous."