Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Mel Gibson took two little girls out on a charity day trip
Posted on Friday, November 30, 2012 at 08:03 AM
- Demi Lovato's new tattoo reminds her of overcoming difficult things in life
- One Direction's Harry Styles wants to date royalty to improve his credibility status
- Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart have reportedly split up - again
- Suki Waterhouse pursued "Hangover 3" star Bradley Cooper
- One Direction star Harry Styles spent the night with Rod Stewart's daughter Kimberly
|Gibson at the Cinema for Peace fundraiser in January 2012|
Mel took the two girls - who have both had extensive facial reconstruction surgeries - out for a gourmet lunch, followed by ice-cream, and a spot of window shopping before whisking them off to the high-end American Girl doll store where they were able to create their own lookalike dolls.
Speaking about the day out, Mel told TMZ: "It was really fun spending time with Karol and Sara ... They have been through so much and are just so inspirational to everyone who meets them.
"At home, these girls couldn't leave their homes for fear of being tormented. Now, they are walking through one of the most popular tourist areas of Los Angeles."
The charitable star is further pledging his commitment to the organisation by participating in the Mending Kids celebrity poker tournament this weekend in West Hollywood.
Mel is seemingly trying to improve his image after his reputation was tarnished by assault claims made by his ex-girlfriend Oksana Grigorieva.
The 'Braveheart' star was sentenced in March 2011 to three years' probation - including a 12-month domestic violence counselling programme - over the attack on Oksana, who is the mother of his daughter Lucia.