Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Mel Gibson "kisses the ground" Jodie Foster walks on
Posted on Tuesday, January 15, 2013 at 08:19 AM
- One Direction are close to signing a deal for their own reality show
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother
- Susan Boyle believes her mother's ghost is with her "all the time"
- The Wanted star Siva Kaneswaran has got engaged to his long-term girlfriend Nareesha McCaffrey
- John Travolta's was upset 'Look Who's Talking' costar Kirstie Alley flirted with him
|Foster and Gibson in a scene from 'The Beaver'|
The 57-year-old actor has praised his 'Beaver' co-star after she gave a moving "coming out" speech at the Golden Globe Awards in Los Angeles on Sunday (13.01.13) and he "adores" her for making such a brave move.
He told People: "I kiss the ground she walks on, I adore her. I thought [her speech] was great. I love her."
Jodie received the Cecil B. DeMille Award at the event for outstanding contribution to entertainment and Mel - who has previously described the actress' support during his charges of domestic violence on his ex-girlfriend Oksana Grigorieva in 2011 as "flattering" - thinks she deserved the prestigious prize for being such a down-to-earth person.
When asked why he thought Jodie had been chosen as the recipient, he replied: "Because she's real."
The 50-year-old actress - who raises children Charlie, 14, and 11-year-old Kit with her ex-partner Cydney Bernard - never publicly acknowledged her sexual preference until announcing it on stage at the event.
However, after confirming she is a lesbian, the former child star explained how being in the spotlight for so long had an effect on her actions and she felt a need to keep it "private".
She explained: "But seriously, if you had been a public figure since the time you were a toddler.
"If you had to fight for a life that felt real and honest and normal, then maybe then too you'd value privacy about all else.
"Someday in the future, people will look back and remember how beautiful it once was. I have given everything up there since the time that I was three years old and that's a reality show enough, don't you think."
Be the first to make a comment.
Latest Gossip Stories
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother ...
- The Wanted star Siva Kaneswaran has got engaged to his long-term girlfriend Nareesha McCaf...
- Susan Boyle believes her mother's ghost is with her "all the time"...
- One Direction are close to signing a deal for their own reality show...
- Noel Gallagher thinks "embarrassing" Miley Cyrus has put female artists back "five years"...
- John Travolta's was upset 'Look Who's Talking' costar Kirstie Alley flirted with him...