Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Mel Gibson has been asked to serve jury duty
Posted on Wednesday, January 25, 2012 at 09:04 AM
- John Travolta's was upset 'Look Who's Talking' costar Kirstie Alley flirted with him
- Noel Gallagher thinks "embarrassing" Miley Cyrus has put female artists back "five years"
- Paris Hilton angered by Nelson Mandela Twitter hoax
- George Clooney finds gay rumors about himself amusing
- Amanda Bynes is advised against attending fashion school
The 'Lethal Weapon' star - who has a problematic legal history, most recently pleading no contest to a misdemeanor battery charge in early 2011 - has been seen at a courtroom in Los Angeles waiting to be called into service.
While there Mel, who was wearing a baseball cap, jeans and a sports jacket, was spotted reading a script, using his cell phone and taking photographs with some women who were also in the room, TMZ.com reports.
More celebrity gossip from IrishCentral
Hollywood star Liam Neeson says he may convert to Islam
White House meets Irish lobby to discuss new visa bill for Ireland
Mel - who has a previous conviction for drink driving - is not the only star to have been recently asked to serve jury duty in California, Guns N' Roses front-man Axl Rose - real name William Bruce Bailey - also took part in a civil trial, serving four days on the legal process earlier this month.
Axl said: "It was relatively painless. I was fortunate that everyone in the courthouse and jurors were all really great, plus I got to see daylight from a different prospect."
Be the first to make a comment.
Latest Gossip Stories
- Noel Gallagher thinks "embarrassing" Miley Cyrus has put female artists back "five years"...
- John Travolta's was upset 'Look Who's Talking' costar Kirstie Alley flirted with him...
- Amanda Bynes is advised against attending fashion school...
- George Clooney finds gay rumors about himself amusing...
- George Clooney isn't bothered about not being a father...