Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Megan Fox is removing her Marilyn Monroe tattoo because it has "negative energy"
Posted on Tuesday, August 23, 2011 at 10:37 AM
- George Clooney isn't bothered about not being a father
- Amanda Bynes has been released from rehab
- “Dracula” star Jonathan Rhys Meyers spotted partying in London nightclubs
- Tragic “Fast and Furious” star Paul Walker proud of his Irish roots
- Orlando Bloom is dating 'Lord of the Rings' co-star Liv Tyler
The 25-year-old actress has an inking of the late screen icon's face etched on the inside of her right arm but she is in the process of having it lasered off because she no longer wants an association to Marilyn – who died in August 1962 aged 36 from a suspected drugs overdose.
She told Italian magazine Amica: "I'm removing it. It is a negative character, as she suffered from personality disorders and was bipolar. I do not want to attract this kind of negative energy in my life."
The tattoo of the 'Some Like It Hot' star is not the first change to her body that Megan has been left unhappy with.
Visit Megan Fox's profile page for photos, more stories and her bio
Megan Fox gets ninth tattoo
Megan Fox gets tattoo in Mickey Rourke's honor
The 'Jonah Hex' star – who is married to actor Brian Austin Green – also got rid of a belly-button piercing when she was 20.
She said: "I did it when I was 16 because I was a fan of Britney Spears. The only time I tried to imitate someone else.
"But then I thought it was tacky and so I removed it when I turned 20."
Megan has at least eight other tattoos, including a quote on her shoulder which reads "We will all laugh at gilded butterflies" and a tribute to her 'Passion Play' co-star Mickey Rourke on her right rib cage which states "Those who danced were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music."
Revealing the meaning behind her Marilyn tattoo, Megan previously said: "I really admire Marilyn Monroe, but I would never try to emulate her. I got the tattoo as a warning. It warns me not to let myself be treated so badly by the film industry so that it breaks me down."
Be the first to make a comment.
Latest Gossip Stories
- George Clooney isn't bothered about not being a father...
- Amanda Bynes has been released from rehab...
- Jamie Dornan heads to Canada as filming begins on “Fifty Shades of Grey”...
- U2 pays tribute to late South African leader at screening of “Mandela: Long Walk to Freedo...
- Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are planning a festive break in France...
- Lindsay Lohan is reportedly dating Liam Neeson's son Michael...