Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Megan Fox apologizes to Lindsay Lohan after comparing her to Marilyn Monroe
Posted on Thursday, January 17, 2013 at 08:40 AM
- One Direction are close to signing a deal for their own reality show
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother
- Susan Boyle believes her mother's ghost is with her "all the time"
- The Wanted star Siva Kaneswaran has got engaged to his long-term girlfriend Nareesha McCaffrey
- John Travolta's was upset 'Look Who's Talking' costar Kirstie Alley flirted with him
Comparing the actresses, she told Esquire magazine: "I started reading about her and realized that her life was incredibly difficult. It's like when you visualize something for your future. I didn't want to visualize something so negative.
"She wasn't powerful at the time. She was sort of like Lindsay. She was an actress who wasn't reliable, who almost wasn't insurable...She had all the potential in the world, and it was squandered. I'm not interested in following those footsteps."
The new mum - who gave birth to her first son Noah with husband Brian Austin Green in September - has now attempted to clarify her comments and insisted she thinks Lindsay is "gifted".
Writing on her Facebook page on Tuesday , she said: "I attempted to draw parallels between Lindsay and Marilyn in order to illustrate my point that while Marilyn may be an icon now, sadly she was not respected and taken seriously while she was still living.
"Both women were gifted actresses, whose natural talent was lost amongst the chaos and incessant media scrutiny surrounding their lifestyles and their difficulties adhering to studio schedules etc.
"I intended for this to be a factual comparison of two women with similar experiences in Hollywood. Unfortunately it turned into me offering up what is really much more of an uneducated opinion.
"It was most definitely not my intention to criticize or degrade Lindsay. I would never want her to feel bullied, as she does not deserve that.
I was not always speaking eloquently during this interview and this miscommunication is my fault."
Be the first to make a comment.
Latest Gossip Stories
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother ...
- The Wanted star Siva Kaneswaran has got engaged to his long-term girlfriend Nareesha McCaf...
- Susan Boyle believes her mother's ghost is with her "all the time"...
- One Direction are close to signing a deal for their own reality show...
- Noel Gallagher thinks "embarrassing" Miley Cyrus has put female artists back "five years"...
- John Travolta's was upset 'Look Who's Talking' costar Kirstie Alley flirted with him...