Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
'Mean Girls' star Lindsay Lohan was bullied in high school
Posted on Friday, October 05, 2012 at 10:40 AM
- Demi Lovato claims ‘X Factor’ creator Simon Cowell is very ‘humble’
- Michael Douglas' admires how exposed Matt Damon allowed himself be for 'Behind the Candelabra'
- Amanda Bynes feels like she is being ‘punked’
- Channing Tatum releases the first image of his newborn daughter Everly
- 'Man of Steel’ star Amy Adams can't let go of her Mormon values
|Lindsay Lohan in 'Mean Girls'|
The starlet tweeted: "I was actually bullied @ my public school when i would leave to film. Whenever I came back? girls & boys would call me names (sic).
"They would also mock me because of my home situation, when people found out that my father was in jail."
The tormenting got so bad that the actress - who famously played a school misfit turned bully in teen comedy 'Mean Girls' - decided to drop out of school in favour of home tutoring.
Lindsay added: "They would yell things, try to trip me & more. I moved to home-schooling instead. In 11th grade. I stuck it out for a while. (sic)"
The 'Liz & Dick' actress' confession came after she was moved to tears by chat show host Katie Couric's interview with bullied 16-year-old Whitney Kropp, who was elected prom queen by her peers as a joke, and Lindsay took to twitter to take a stand against bullying.
She wrote: "@katiecouric I think what you did today on your show for#WhitneyKropp was lovely. It had me crying. I'd love to meet her.#stopbullying (sic)".