Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
'Mean Girls' star Lindsay Lohan was bullied in high school
Posted on Friday, October 05, 2012 at 10:40 AM
- Will Ferrell tried to keep Kanye West happy on the set of "Anchorman 2"
- Vin Diesel comforted by Paul Walker's family after losing his "other half"
- Paris Hilton's brother plans to sue Lindsay Lohan after ordered attack
- One Direction are close to signing a deal for their own reality show
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother
|Lindsay Lohan in 'Mean Girls'|
The starlet tweeted: "I was actually bullied @ my public school when i would leave to film. Whenever I came back? girls & boys would call me names (sic).
"They would also mock me because of my home situation, when people found out that my father was in jail."
The tormenting got so bad that the actress - who famously played a school misfit turned bully in teen comedy 'Mean Girls' - decided to drop out of school in favour of home tutoring.
Lindsay added: "They would yell things, try to trip me & more. I moved to home-schooling instead. In 11th grade. I stuck it out for a while. (sic)"
The 'Liz & Dick' actress' confession came after she was moved to tears by chat show host Katie Couric's interview with bullied 16-year-old Whitney Kropp, who was elected prom queen by her peers as a joke, and Lindsay took to twitter to take a stand against bullying.
She wrote: "@katiecouric I think what you did today on your show for#WhitneyKropp was lovely. It had me crying. I'd love to meet her.#stopbullying (sic)".
Be the first to make a comment.
Latest Gossip Stories
- Will Ferrell tried to keep Kanye West happy on the set of "Anchorman 2"...
- Vin Diesel comforted by Paul Walker's family after losing his "other half"...
- Paris Hilton's brother plans to sue Lindsay Lohan after ordered attack...
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother ...
- The Wanted star Siva Kaneswaran has got engaged to his long-term girlfriend Nareesha McCaf...
- Susan Boyle believes her mother's ghost is with her "all the time"...