Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Matthew Morrison will perform one of his own songs in the 'Glee' season two finale
Posted on Tuesday, May 10, 2011 at 10:06 AM
- Lindsay Lohan apologized to Oprah Winfrey for being linked to Barron Hilton assault
- Ellen DeGeneres slammed reports her marriage to Portia de Rossi on the rocks
- Drew Barrymore and Will Kopelman are expecting another baby girl
- Courteney Cox is dating Snow Patrol County Derry musician Johnny McDaid
- Bono, Charlize Theron among stars at Nelson Mandela's memorial
The ballad, which was co-written by former 'American Idol' winner Kris Allen, will be played by Matthew alone on an empty theatre stage.
He told The Hollywood Reporter: "It was going to be just a big dance piece with me doing this big dance number. But they said, 'We want you to sing it and make it a big moment.' "
Dana Walden, 20th Century Fox Television chairman, agreed to allow the track to be put in the finale – which airs in the US on May 24 - only if it fitted the character.
'Glee' creator Ryan Murphy said: "It's about aspiration. It worked because we wanted to do a scene where Matt goes into a Broadway hall and sings something alone. Plus, Matt is such a great team player and he's done so much for different 'Glee' charities.
"We worked really hard to make it feel organic to the show."
Matt recently confirmed there would be a death at the end of the second season of 'Glee'.
He said: "Somebody's dying. Obviously I'm not going to tell you who it is, but it is no-one you would probably expect.
"The episode right before the finale is called 'Funeral'."
Fox plans a live 3D show of Glee this summer
‘Glee’ present Fleetwood Mac episode - VIDEO
Be the first to make a comment.
Latest Gossip Stories
- Courteney Cox is dating Snow Patrol County Derry musician Johnny McDaid...
- Bono, Charlize Theron among stars at Nelson Mandela's memorial...
- Will Ferrell tried to keep Kanye West happy on the set of "Anchorman 2"...
- Vin Diesel comforted by Paul Walker's family after losing his "other half"...
- Paris Hilton's brother plans to sue Lindsay Lohan after ordered attack...
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother ...