Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Matthew Morrison says there's no musical rivalry amongst the 'Glee' cast
Posted on Friday, December 14, 2012 at 08:39 AM
- George Clooney isn't bothered about not being a father
- Amanda Bynes has been released from rehab
- “Dracula” star Jonathan Rhys Meyers spotted partying in London nightclubs
- Tragic “Fast and Furious” star Paul Walker proud of his Irish roots
- Orlando Bloom is dating 'Lord of the Rings' co-star Liv Tyler
The actor - who plays teacher Will Schuester on the hit musical comedy show - insists that although many of the talented cast members are capitalizing on their fame by releasing their own music, they're not in competition with each other.
Speaking exclusively to BANG Showbiz, he said: "We're very supportive. I'm excited because Naya [Rivera] and Amber [Riley] are working on their new albums. I'm really excited for them. I feel like they're voices that should be heard. I respect them as artists."
When pressed further about friendly rivalry amongst the cast, he said: "Not at all."
Matthew, 34, is set to return to his stage roots for an album of Broadway musical covers, which he will release next year, and although he released a self-titled album in 2011, he feels this is the record he should've made all along.
He explained: "Coming from 'Glee', my first album, I really wanted to write some of my own songs just because I wanted people to take me more seriously. 'Glee' is pretty much karaoke, we're doing [songs by] established artists.
"For this album, this is what I should have done from the get-go - it's what I grew up singing. It's all Broadway classics. I spent three months just doing research on pretty much every Broadway song you could ever imagine. It was just an amazing experience. I kind of selected the best 15 songs that would fit me and fit the live show I want to put on."
'Glee' series four starts on January 6th on Sky1.
Be the first to make a comment.
Latest Gossip Stories
- George Clooney isn't bothered about not being a father...
- Amanda Bynes has been released from rehab...
- Jamie Dornan heads to Canada as filming begins on “Fifty Shades of Grey”...
- U2 pays tribute to late South African leader at screening of “Mandela: Long Walk to Freedo...
- Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are planning a festive break in France...
- Lindsay Lohan is reportedly dating Liam Neeson's son Michael...