Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Matthew Morrison credits reality TV for the success of ‘Glee’
Posted on Tuesday, January 11, 2011 at 03:45 AM
- Will Ferrell tried to keep Kanye West happy on the set of "Anchorman 2"
- Vin Diesel comforted by Paul Walker's family after losing his "other half"
- Paris Hilton's brother plans to sue Lindsay Lohan after ordered attack
- One Direction are close to signing a deal for their own reality show
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother
He said: "I don't think Glee would be around if 'X Factor' and 'American Idol' did not exist. It was inspired by those shows. I'm glad they exist, otherwise I wouldn't be here.
"I'd never have wanted to be on shows like those because I enjoyed my journey. The struggles made me the artist I am."
Matthew admits he feels “bad” for contestants on reality TV shows because the rise to fame is so instant, saying he found it difficult to cope with his own rapid success after ‘Glee’ became a hit.
He added in an interview with The Sun newspaper: "People on those shows go from being nothing to everything overnight, and that's not real.
"I feel bad for them. They get the lifestyle but then can't take the fall, because there's always a fall.
"I know ‘Glee’ will be gone one day. So it is what it is. I do wish I'd planned for the fame side of things more as it is weird.
"But I love that I didn't go into this business for that reason."
Be the first to make a comment.
Latest Gossip Stories
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother ...
- The Wanted star Siva Kaneswaran has got engaged to his long-term girlfriend Nareesha McCaf...
- Susan Boyle believes her mother's ghost is with her "all the time"...
- One Direction are close to signing a deal for their own reality show...
- Noel Gallagher thinks "embarrassing" Miley Cyrus has put female artists back "five years"...
- John Travolta's was upset 'Look Who's Talking' costar Kirstie Alley flirted with him...