Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Matthew McConaughey's family is more important than his career
Posted on Tuesday, January 22, 2013 at 08:37 AM
- Paris Hilton angered by Nelson Mandela Twitter hoax
- George Clooney finds gay rumors about himself amusing
- Amanda Bynes is advised against attending fashion school
- George Clooney isn't bothered about not being a father
- Amanda Bynes has been released from rehab
|McConaughey with his family at Disneyland in 2011|
The 43-year-old actor told EOnline.com at the Sundance Film Festival in Park City, Utah: "When you've got family, you have to pick your extracurriculars. Whoever has kid knows that, man. You have to pick and choose and go wait, which is the one I really want to do because I ain't watching all the Saturday's football and I'm not watching all of Sunday's.
"I'm not going to be a kayaker, a snow skier and a marathon runner. No, you gotta zero in when you got kids and a family."
The 'Magic Mike' star said he has no desire to ever move behind the camera as he is satisfied with simply being an actor.
He said: "I'm really enjoying being an actor for hire. I've been offered to produce some things and I've said, 'No thank you.'... I'm really enjoying my time getting ready for a role, my man, my characters, going to work, doing my best to nail it, finishing work and going, 'That was a beautiful time. Thank you. See you down the road. I'm going back to my family.'"
Matthew recently revealed having a third child has made life chaotic for him and his model wife, 30.
He previously admitted: "It's getting to be more of circus that's for sure!
"Another plate at the table. Actually he's not eating at a plate, he's on mama because he's only 10 days old."
Be the first to make a comment.
Latest Gossip Stories
- Amanda Bynes is advised against attending fashion school...
- George Clooney finds gay rumors about himself amusing...
- George Clooney isn't bothered about not being a father...
- Amanda Bynes has been released from rehab...
- Jamie Dornan heads to Canada as filming begins on “Fifty Shades of Grey”...