Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Matthew McConaughey wrapped wife Camila Alves' engagement ring up in seven boxes
Posted on Friday, June 15, 2012 at 10:27 AM
- Kristen Stewart is leaning on her female friends following her split from Robert Pattinson
- One Direction worry Zayn Malik will miss their gigs because he is so forgetful
- Robert Pattinson found messages from Rupert Saunders on Kristen Stewart's phone on his birthday
- Drew Barrymore is selling her Californian house for $7.5 million
- ‘Bridesmaids’ star Melissa McCarthy got an extra fired on the set of ‘Tammy’
He said: "It was the last gift to be opened and I wrapped it in seven different boxes so Camila would have to keep unwrapping."
Matthew - who has two children, Levi, three, and two-year-old Vida, with Camila - says once the brunette beauty found the ring, he got down on one knee and popped the question.
He told People: "She got the ring, I took a knee and asked her to marry me and take my name. After a bit, she conceded ... thankfully."
The couple - who have been in a relationship for five years - married at their Texas home on June 9 and the couple are excited about what the future holds.
Matthew said: "We decided to embrace the ritual of marriage as an opportunity and adventure we'll take together."