Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Matthew McConaughey wears a revealing thong in 'Magic Mike'
Posted on Tuesday, June 26, 2012 at 09:25 AM
- Niall Horan says eating Irish sausages and playing Croke Park will be ‘biggest moment’ in One Direction career
- One Direction's boys claim their tour bus is surprisingly boring
- Demi Moore wants Ashton Kutcher to pay for her New York home renovations
- Christine Quinn and Khloe Kardashian almost wore same wedding dress - 'I was devastated because that was my dress!' says mayoral hopeful
- Tori Spelling's husband Dean McDermott gave her a 3-carat diamond ring to mark their seventh wedding anniversary
When asked if he takes his shirt off in the film, he said: "I had to. I couldn't do this film and not do that. This was different, though, man. This was more than taking off my shirt. You'll see, man. I've got an exceptional thong."
Matthew, 42, stars alongside Channing Tatum - who plays lead character Mike - in the movie, and said he had to make his character, strip club owner Dallas, crazy to make up for the fact he wasn't as good at dancing as his younger co-star.
He added to Shortlist magazine: "Channing's such a damn good hip-hop dancer, I knew I wasn't going to challenge him at dancing.
"It's raw, man, I get to play this lunatic guy, who's a bit of a Jim Morrison, Malcolm McDowell in 'Clockwork Orange' kind of guy. He's ready to revolutionize the male [stripping] world. In his mind, he's an absolute deity."