Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Matthew McConaughey talks about his shocking weight loss for 'The Dallas Buyers Club'
Posted on Monday, November 19, 2012 at 08:18 AM
- “Dracula” star Jonathan Rhys Meyers spotted partying in London nightclubs
- Tragic “Fast and Furious” star Paul Walker proud of his Irish roots
- Orlando Bloom is dating 'Lord of the Rings' co-star Liv Tyler
- Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are planning a festive break in France
- Lindsay Lohan is reportedly dating Liam Neeson's son Michael
|Matthew and Kay McConaughey |
in Austin Oct. 7
Matthew McConaughey has dropped a shocking 38 pounds to play an AIDS patient in ‘The Dallas Buyers Club.’
Speaking with HitFlix, McConaughey said, "I feel good, now. Overall, [I have] probably got 35 percent less energy. The tough part, there have been plateaus."
McConaughey had women swooning earlier this year in the male-stripper flick ‘Magic Mike.’ His body has drastically changed since that role, however.
"Getting past 170 was really hard, but then once you get into the 167, the next seven come off easy. Getting past 160, really hard. But then you fly down to 150. Getting past 150 was really hard. And then, bam, got down to 143 and that's where I want to be."
“Once you get past the plateau, the body seems to understand, 'OK this is where we're living now, this is where we are', so the energy rises," he added.
McConaughey is currently in the midst of a five-week shoot for the upcoming film, which is expected to be released sometime in 2013. Once filming has wrapped, McConaughey knows he’ll have to ease his body back into normalcy.
"The organs shrink, so my stomach has shrunk as well," he explained, "so as much as I can't wait to have that cheeseburger, on the day, it'll be damn hard to eat the whole thing."
Be the first to make a comment.
Latest Gossip Stories
- Jamie Dornan heads to Canada as filming begins on “Fifty Shades of Grey”...
- U2 pays tribute to late South African leader at screening of “Mandela: Long Walk to Freedo...
- Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are planning a festive break in France...
- Lindsay Lohan is reportedly dating Liam Neeson's son Michael...
- Colin Farrell thinks there’s a double standard for women when it comes to bad behavior...
- Jamie Dornan will be great in “Fifty Shades of Gray” says Charlie Hunnam...