Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Matthew McConaughey says romantic-comedies saved him from a 'cold part' in his career
Posted on Tuesday, July 03, 2012 at 09:28 AM
- Ronnie Wood hasn't been able to pin down Niall Horan for guitar lessons
- Tara Reid claims she was glassed in the face by a "psycho" clubber
- Amy Adams hit Bradley Cooper so hard he needed an ice pack on "American Hustle"
- Lindsay Lohan apologized to Oprah Winfrey for being linked to Barron Hilton assault
- Ellen DeGeneres slammed reports her marriage to Portia de Rossi on the rocks
He said: "Truth is, I was in a colder part of my career at the time. I was coming off, what was it, 'U-571'? I had to try different things. I did action movies, crime; and then I did 'Wedding Planner'. I thought, let's go see what it's like to just be light; never done that before. And then, s**t ... it made a whole bunch of money, and they came back, and offered me more."
The 42-year-old star also admits he has little respect for the characters he played in both 'How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days' and 'The Wedding Planner'.
He added: "The male is always the pawn in a romantic comedy. Come together, break up, go chase her, get her, roll credits. What woman wants that guy?"
Despite this, the Texas-born actor - who is starring in 2012 thriller 'Killer Joe' - says that he still takes humour "really seriously".
He said: "I take the comedy real seriously. There's a whole plan behind it. Even though those characters look like I'm just skating through, there's a design behind it.
"They look easy-breezy' but if you go digging too deep into the character, you sink the ship."
Be the first to make a comment.
Latest Gossip Stories
- Courteney Cox is dating Snow Patrol County Derry musician Johnny McDaid...
- Bono, Charlize Theron among stars at Nelson Mandela's memorial...
- Will Ferrell tried to keep Kanye West happy on the set of "Anchorman 2"...
- Vin Diesel comforted by Paul Walker's family after losing his "other half"...
- Paris Hilton's brother plans to sue Lindsay Lohan after ordered attack...
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother ...