Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Matthew McConaughey proposed to Camila Alves over Christmas
Posted on Tuesday, December 27, 2011 at 07:59 AM
- Niall Horan says eating Irish sausages and playing Croke Park will be ‘biggest moment’ in One Direction career
- One Direction's boys claim their tour bus is surprisingly boring
- Demi Moore wants Ashton Kutcher to pay for her New York home renovations
- Christine Quinn and Khloe Kardashian almost wore same wedding dress - 'I was devastated because that was my dress!' says mayoral hopeful
- Tori Spelling's husband Dean McDermott gave her a 3-carat diamond ring to mark their seventh wedding anniversary
|Matthew McConaughey & Camila Alves|
He wrote: “Just asked camila to marry me, #MerryChristmas (sic).”
Matthew, 42, and Camila, 29, have been together for five years, and have two children together, son Levi, three and daughter, Vida, 23 months.
The actor has previously explained how he wanted Camila to feel secure in their relationship as soon as it became serious by buying new home for them, which she could add her personal touches to.
He said: "Before this, I had a super home in the Hollywood Hills that I did by myself - landscaping, detailing pretty much everything. But that house was mine. And yeah, we coulda gone in there right away. Camila would have said, 'Fine, don't change a thing.' But I thought, I found the woman I wanna do it with, the woman I wanna make a family with, hopefully live our life out together.
"She needs to have 50 per cent of that. I mean, it's a lot easier for me to be at 100 percent. I'd always been 100 per cent. It's braver for me at 50 per cent."