Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Matthew McConaughey proposed to Camila Alves over Christmas
Posted on Tuesday, December 27, 2011 at 07:59 AM
- Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are planning a festive break in France
- Lindsay Lohan is reportedly dating Liam Neeson's son Michael
- Colin Farrell thinks there’s a double standard for women when it comes to bad behavior
- Jamie Dornan will be great in “Fifty Shades of Gray” says Charlie Hunnam
- Amy Adams takes credit for her kiss with "cute" Jennifer Lawrence in 'American Hustle'
|Matthew McConaughey & Camila Alves|
He wrote: “Just asked camila to marry me, #MerryChristmas (sic).”
Matthew, 42, and Camila, 29, have been together for five years, and have two children together, son Levi, three and daughter, Vida, 23 months.
The actor has previously explained how he wanted Camila to feel secure in their relationship as soon as it became serious by buying new home for them, which she could add her personal touches to.
He said: "Before this, I had a super home in the Hollywood Hills that I did by myself - landscaping, detailing pretty much everything. But that house was mine. And yeah, we coulda gone in there right away. Camila would have said, 'Fine, don't change a thing.' But I thought, I found the woman I wanna do it with, the woman I wanna make a family with, hopefully live our life out together.
"She needs to have 50 per cent of that. I mean, it's a lot easier for me to be at 100 percent. I'd always been 100 per cent. It's braver for me at 50 per cent."
Latest Gossip Stories
- Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are planning a festive break in France...
- Lindsay Lohan is reportedly dating Liam Neeson's son Michael...
- Colin Farrell thinks there’s a double standard for women when it comes to bad behavior...
- Jamie Dornan will be great in “Fifty Shades of Gray” says Charlie Hunnam...
- James Franco and Chris O’Dowd to star in “Of Mice and Men” on Broadway...