Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Matthew McConaughey plays drums with his children
Posted on Tuesday, May 15, 2012 at 09:13 AM
- John Travolta's was upset 'Look Who's Talking' costar Kirstie Alley flirted with him
- Noel Gallagher thinks "embarrassing" Miley Cyrus has put female artists back "five years"
- Paris Hilton angered by Nelson Mandela Twitter hoax
- George Clooney finds gay rumors about himself amusing
- Amanda Bynes is advised against attending fashion school
He said: "Oh yeah, they play the bongos. They've got great rhythm. We jam."
The 'Killer Joe' actor admitted he would've loved to serenade Camila with his bongos when she was giving birth to their children but there wasn't enough time to grab his instruments.
He told Total Film magazine: "If I'd had them in there, I would have used them, but I had no time to go get them. Talk about a wild ride - woo, yeah."
Matthew feels like a "shepherd" and a "king" now he is a parent and says it is a responsibility he has always dreamed of having.
He said: "I feel like I'm a courier, a shepherd. I'm a king now. I've got two valuable packages tied to my hip and that's my son and my daughter.
"I cherish it. Being a father is the one thing, since I was eight years old, that I knew I wanted to be. I remember I loved calling somebody 'sir'. I've always respected, looked up."
The 'Lincoln Lawyer' star feels society no longer places as much importance on politeness and respect as it used, to but he insists they are values he makes sure his children adhere to.
He said:" The window's open and there's definitely a draught coming through the house. But not all houses, not around us.
"You say, 'Sir' and you say 'ma'am', you say 'please' and 'thank you' and 'you're welcome' because that means 'I receive your thanks'.
"You say 'ma'am' and 'sir' because that person's been on earth a lot longer than you."
Be the first to make a comment.
Latest Gossip Stories
- Noel Gallagher thinks "embarrassing" Miley Cyrus has put female artists back "five years"...
- John Travolta's was upset 'Look Who's Talking' costar Kirstie Alley flirted with him...
- Amanda Bynes is advised against attending fashion school...
- George Clooney finds gay rumors about himself amusing...
- George Clooney isn't bothered about not being a father...