Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Matthew McConaughey marries Camila Alves in Texas on Sunday
Posted on Monday, June 11, 2012 at 09:08 AM
- One Direction star Harry Styles spent the night with Rod Stewart's daughter Kimberly
- 'Grey's Anatomy' star Patrick Dempsey would consider selling pot in his coffee shops
- ‘Silver Liver Playbook’ star Bradley Cooper is a hopeless romantic
- Niall Horan says eating Irish sausages and playing Croke Park will be ‘biggest moment’ in One Direction career
- One Direction's boys claim their tour bus is surprisingly boring
RTE reports that McConaughey first asked Alves to marry him on Christmas Day last year. ‘People’ magazine confirms that Alves has taken McConaughey has her surname following the nuptials.
Opting for what appears to be an outdoorsy theme for their wedding, guests were provided with tents and camping gear to camp out on the couple’s extensive property in Austin, Texas, McConaughey’s home state.
While the couple are only officially married now, Alves has been quoted as saying that they’ve been enjoying a “married” life since they first met: "We've been living a married life for over six years now. We have homes together, we have family together, we have kids, we've built a life together. So, we've been living a married life this whole time."