Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Matthew McConaughey has moved his family to Texas
Posted on Saturday, March 10, 2012 at 09:51 AM
- Demi Lovato's new tattoo reminds her of overcoming difficult things in life
- One Direction's Harry Styles wants to date royalty to improve his credibility status
- Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart have reportedly split up - again
- Suki Waterhouse pursued "Hangover 3" star Bradley Cooper
- One Direction star Harry Styles spent the night with Rod Stewart's daughter Kimberly
He said: “No one recognizes you and no one asks you, ‘Hey, what do you do?,’ because I don’t think anyone cares.
“Fridays show up sooner here. You want to get along in Austin, you want to get along in Texas, all you have to do is be yourself.”
Matthew cited the wise words of Camilla’s Brazilian mother, who thinks in Los Angeles – where the family used to reside – people will “stand on your shoulders” to get to where they want to be.
St. Patrick’s Day photo competition - win a Certificate of Irish Heritage this March
‘Glee’ looks set to feature a tribute episode to Whitney Houston
Irish American girl compares St. Patrick’s Day in Dublin to New York City
Speaking at the Texas Film Hall of Fame Awards Thursday night, he explained: “My mother-in-law from Brazil has traveled around the world and we’ve lived in Los Angeles and New York.
“She says to me the other day, ‘In LA, people will walk on your back and stand on your shoulders to get where they are going, in New York, they will just pull out a gun and tell you they will kill you. Here in Texas, everybody walks together.’ I think that is a compliment, Austin.”
Matthew is no stranger to the state after growing up in the small town of Uvalde in West Texas and then attending the University of Texas in Austin.