Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Matthew Broderick's two-year-old twins are "learning to take care of themselves"
Posted on Monday, March 05, 2012 at 08:36 AM
- Niall Horan says eating Irish sausages and playing Croke Park will be ‘biggest moment’ in One Direction career
- One Direction's boys claim their tour bus is surprisingly boring
- Demi Moore wants Ashton Kutcher to pay for her New York home renovations
- Christine Quinn and Khloe Kardashian almost wore same wedding dress - 'I was devastated because that was my dress!' says mayoral hopeful
- Tori Spelling's husband Dean McDermott gave her a 3-carat diamond ring to mark their seventh wedding anniversary
The 49-year-old actor – who has son James, nine, and twin girls Loretta and Tabitha with wife Sarah Jessica Parker – believes the couple's daughters are "more self-sufficient" because they cannot always both get attention at the same time, so they have learned to make do.
He said: “It’s kind of sad with twins; they learn to, like, lie on the pillow because you can’t always hold them both. They’re more self-sufficient. They learn to take care of themselves.
"They are really very attached to each other. They’re really cute."
Matthew – who has been married to the 'Sex in the City' star since 1997 – has found looking after twins to be a learning curve, which has seen him gain some "cool" new parenting techniques.
Speaking to People.com, he added: "I’m now used to being unable to give everything the attention it deserves all the time.
“You have to be cool like that sometimes - somebody will be screaming about something and you can’t immediately give it to them. But they get used to it, so it’s sort of nice in a way."