Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Matt Damon wanted Ben Affleck to "fire" himself from his new film, 'Argo'
Posted on Monday, October 17, 2011 at 09:50 AM
- Demi Lovato claims ‘X Factor’ creator Simon Cowell is very ‘humble’
- Michael Douglas' admires how exposed Matt Damon allowed himself be for 'Behind the Candelabra'
- Amanda Bynes feels like she is being ‘punked’
- Channing Tatum releases the first image of his newborn daughter Everly
- 'Man of Steel’ star Amy Adams can't let go of her Mormon values
|Matt and Ben|
He said: "Ben's making a great movie now called 'Argo'. It's really, really good.
"I can't get him to put me in it because he took the best role. He took the lead. I called him and was like, 'Dude, why don't you fire yourself and put me in it man? I'd be great in this.' "
Despite the disappointment, Matt is still looking forward to working with Ben again in the future.
He added: "We really want to work together again. We have a couple of things we're developing, so we're hoping we can work together."
Ben's career stalled a decade ago with a string of flop movies and Matt feels "vindicated" that his friend has now got his professional life back on track.
He said: "That was really hard for me to watch as his friend, because I didn't think it was fair to him.
"It's more of a relief to me, to be honest. As his writing partner, I know how great he is. I always knew that better than anybody, so now I just feel vindicated. Everything is right with the Force again."