Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Matt Damon wanted Ben Affleck to "fire" himself from his new film, 'Argo'
Posted on Monday, October 17, 2011 at 09:50 AM
- Courteney Cox is dating Snow Patrol County Derry musician Johnny McDaid
- Bono, Charlize Theron among stars at Nelson Mandela's memorial
- Will Ferrell tried to keep Kanye West happy on the set of "Anchorman 2"
- Vin Diesel comforted by Paul Walker's family after losing his "other half"
- Paris Hilton's brother plans to sue Lindsay Lohan after ordered attack
|Matt and Ben|
He said: "Ben's making a great movie now called 'Argo'. It's really, really good.
"I can't get him to put me in it because he took the best role. He took the lead. I called him and was like, 'Dude, why don't you fire yourself and put me in it man? I'd be great in this.' "
Despite the disappointment, Matt is still looking forward to working with Ben again in the future.
He added: "We really want to work together again. We have a couple of things we're developing, so we're hoping we can work together."
Ben's career stalled a decade ago with a string of flop movies and Matt feels "vindicated" that his friend has now got his professional life back on track.
He said: "That was really hard for me to watch as his friend, because I didn't think it was fair to him.
"It's more of a relief to me, to be honest. As his writing partner, I know how great he is. I always knew that better than anybody, so now I just feel vindicated. Everything is right with the Force again."
Be the first to make a comment.
Latest Gossip Stories
- Will Ferrell tried to keep Kanye West happy on the set of "Anchorman 2"...
- Vin Diesel comforted by Paul Walker's family after losing his "other half"...
- Paris Hilton's brother plans to sue Lindsay Lohan after ordered attack...
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother ...
- The Wanted star Siva Kaneswaran has got engaged to his long-term girlfriend Nareesha McCaf...
- Susan Boyle believes her mother's ghost is with her "all the time"...