Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Matt Damon slams Barack Obama for not having enough 'balls'
Posted on Friday, December 23, 2011 at 08:53 AM
- George Clooney isn't bothered about not being a father
- Amanda Bynes has been released from rehab
- “Dracula” star Jonathan Rhys Meyers spotted partying in London nightclubs
- Tragic “Fast and Furious” star Paul Walker proud of his Irish roots
- Orlando Bloom is dating 'Lord of the Rings' co-star Liv Tyler
|Matt Damon & Barack Obama ((Courtesy of NY DailyNews/Alexander Tamargo/Getty Images; Bloomberg)|
He told America's ELLE magazine: "I've talked to a lot of people who worked for Obama at the grassroots level. One of them said to me, 'Never again. I will never be fooled again by a politician.' You know, a one-term president with some balls who actually got stuff done would have been, in the long run of the country, much better."
However, Matt says he does have some sympathy with Obama because he has a lot to deal with, including ongoing negotiations over the country's debt ceiling.
He said. "I don't know what you do in the face of that kind of intransigence. So, my heart does go out to the president. He is dealing with a lot."
This is not the first time Matt has criticised Obama and the decisions he has made over the past three years.
He recently said: "I really think he misinterpreted his mandate. A friend of mine said to me the other day, I thought it was a great line, 'I no longer hope for audacity.' He's doubled down on a lot of things, going back to education ... the idea that we're testing kids and we're tying teachers' salaries to how kids are performing on tests, that kind of mechanized thinking has nothing to do with higher order. We're training them, not teaching them."
Latest Gossip Stories
- George Clooney isn't bothered about not being a father...
- Amanda Bynes has been released from rehab...
- Jamie Dornan heads to Canada as filming begins on “Fifty Shades of Grey”...
- U2 pays tribute to late South African leader at screening of “Mandela: Long Walk to Freedo...
- Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are planning a festive break in France...
- Lindsay Lohan is reportedly dating Liam Neeson's son Michael...