Matt Damon once thought George Clooney had pranked him - but he'd just got fat
- Lindsay Lohan apologized to Oprah Winfrey for being linked to Barron Hilton assault
- Ellen DeGeneres slammed reports her marriage to Portia de Rossi on the rocks
- Drew Barrymore and Will Kopelman are expecting another baby girl
- Courteney Cox is dating Snow Patrol County Derry musician Johnny McDaid
- Bono, Charlize Theron among stars at Nelson Mandela's memorial
The 'Bourne Identity' star was convinced his good friend and infamous joker George had gone into his wardrobe and swapped his suit for a smaller size - but he was dismayed to discover he had simply piled on the pounds.
He admitted: "A couple of years ago I hadn't been working out and I'd got kind of fat. I had to go to a function and when I tried on my suit, it was too tight.
"My immediate thought was that my buddy George Clooney had hired someone to get into my closet and cut down my clothes. I seriously thought that - until my wife said, very gently, 'Do you think it might be that you've put on some weight?' "
The 42-year-old star's small suits aren't the only wardrobe malfunction he has faced, as he admitted his favourite pair of battered boots are a constant cause of contention with his wife, Luciana Barroso.
Asked what his worst habit is, Matt admitted: "Probably my inability to clean out my closet. I have a pair of old boots that I've been wearing since 2008 that I just can't get rid of.
"I love them because they're the most comfortable boots I've ever owned, so I keep on getting them re-soled. But my wife hates them and thinks they're the ugliest things she's ever seen."
Be the first to make a comment.
- Courteney Cox is dating Snow Patrol County Derry musician Johnny McDaid...
- Bono, Charlize Theron among stars at Nelson Mandela's memorial...
- Will Ferrell tried to keep Kanye West happy on the set of "Anchorman 2"...
- Vin Diesel comforted by Paul Walker's family after losing his "other half"...
- Paris Hilton's brother plans to sue Lindsay Lohan after ordered attack...
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother ...