Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Mark Walhberg open Wahlburgers restaurant with brothers in Boston
Posted on Thursday, October 27, 2011 at 11:18 AM
- George Clooney isn't bothered about not being a father
- Amanda Bynes has been released from rehab
- “Dracula” star Jonathan Rhys Meyers spotted partying in London nightclubs
- Tragic “Fast and Furious” star Paul Walker proud of his Irish roots
- Orlando Bloom is dating 'Lord of the Rings' co-star Liv Tyler
|The Wahlberg Brothers|
Mark (40), his brother Donnie (42) of “New Kids on the Block,” and their older brother Paul (42), have said that “dining in the restaurant will feel just like joining the Wahlberg family for a home-cooked meal,” according to Zap2it.com. Paul will be the chef, while the two other brothers will mainly be managing the restaurant.
Customers walking in for the first time will be able to enjoy “fresh ground beef burgers made or order, hot dogs, frappes, rock tunes and more!” according to the restaurants official description. And if you’re in too much of a rush to enjoy the hip atmosphere, take out is available.
Mark Wahlberg put his house up for sale for $13.95 million – $2 million less than its original listing
Mark Wahlberg and his brother, Donnie, to open a burger joint in Boston - VIDEO
Touch of Southie in Brooklyn as Donnie Wahlberg and Michael Patrick MacDonald speak to students
The joint, whose logo reads, “burgers, fries, frappes, tunes” boasts a cozy atmosphere with one side filled with old-fashioned booths, and the other side with tables and a sports bar with TV’s. On top of the bar (right next to blown up pictures of the brothers) is a giant green menu listing burgers that promise to be mouthwatering, and even more appealing is if you look straight up onto the ceiling, where the brothers have listed words and phrases to describes themselves and their true home of Southie, Boston.
According to Boston.com, the new restaurant will seat 120 people is is approximately 4,400 square feet. The entire project cost the family $900,000, and requires the town’s approval of a liquor-license in August. One of the biggest hurdles for the family, according to the website, was acquiring the name. “Wahlburger” had been the name of a burger chain based out of New York with own Tom Wahl, but the brothers did come to some sort of a deal and were able to “secure full spectrum of the name” this past summer.
Expecting his restaurant to be a success, the youngest Wahlberg stated, “We've had requests from people all around the world wanting a Wahlburgers in their hometown, but in the mean time they will make it a point to visit the first one in Hingham when they are in the Boston area.”
Be the first to make a comment.
Latest Gossip Stories
- George Clooney isn't bothered about not being a father...
- Amanda Bynes has been released from rehab...
- Jamie Dornan heads to Canada as filming begins on “Fifty Shades of Grey”...
- U2 pays tribute to late South African leader at screening of “Mandela: Long Walk to Freedo...
- Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are planning a festive break in France...
- Lindsay Lohan is reportedly dating Liam Neeson's son Michael...