Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Mark Wahlberg makes the front cover of Sports Illustrated
Posted on Thursday, December 16, 2010 at 04:43 AM
- Niall Horan says eating Irish sausages and playing Croke Park will be ‘biggest moment’ in One Direction career
- One Direction's boys claim their tour bus is surprisingly boring
- Demi Moore wants Ashton Kutcher to pay for her New York home renovations
- Christine Quinn and Khloe Kardashian almost wore same wedding dress - 'I was devastated because that was my dress!' says mayoral hopeful
- Tori Spelling's husband Dean McDermott gave her a 3-carat diamond ring to mark their seventh wedding anniversary
“The Fighter” star is set to feature on the cover of the magazine which has been named as "the best sports movie of the decade" by SI.
The cover photo shows the 39-year-old actor shirtless in his Everlast boxing shorts and gloves and is one of the rare times the magazine has featured a non-athlete on the cover.
Wahlberg’s co-star in the film, Christian Bale, also poses with Boston actor on the cover.
"As somebody who always dreamed of being a professional athlete," Wahlberg says in the People story, "to be on the cover of Sports Illustrated is an amazing accomplishment." In fact, it's a knockout."