Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Mark Wahlberg claims 'intuition' led him to cast Justin Bieber in his upcoming film
Posted on Thursday, December 29, 2011 at 08:30 AM
- ‘Twilight’ star Kristen Stewart enjoyed a night at Hooters in Texas
- Amanda Bynes to under second surgery on her nose
- Channing Tatum will produce new comedy sitcom 'Nicky'
- Oscar winner Ben Affleck says three kids is 'enough’
- Robert Pattinson is renting a holiday home in Canada for the summer after split from Kristen Stewart
|Justin Bieber and Mark Wahlberg (Celebuzz.com)|
The ‘Contraband’ star is planning to make a movie with teen heartthrob Justin about his favourite sport, and says it was an immediate and natural choice for them to work together.
Asked why he picked the ‘Baby’ singer, Mark told MTV: “Intuition. I'm pretty intuitive.
“I see the guy and spent time with him and you see what he does and how he does it, and then you actually have a conversation with him and it's there.”
Although 17-year-old Justin has had little previous big screen experience - aside from his documentary film ‘Never Say Never’ - Mark is confident he can make the project work, adding: "It's there - and if not, I will extract it."
Mark has previously likened the project to ‘The Colour of Money’, a 1986 film about an old pool player and his young protege, starring Paul Newman and a young Tom Cruise.
He added: "Wait till you see me and Bieber in the flick. Think of, like, 'The Colour of Money.”
Mark is hoping the film can go into production in 2012.