Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Mariah Carey's husband Nick Cannon wants to stay alive for his kids "more than anything"
Posted on Saturday, March 03, 2012 at 07:50 AM
- Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are planning a festive break in France
- Lindsay Lohan is reportedly dating Liam Neeson's son Michael
- Colin Farrell thinks there’s a double standard for women when it comes to bad behavior
- Jamie Dornan will be great in “Fifty Shades of Gray” says Charlie Hunnam
- Amy Adams takes credit for her kiss with "cute" Jennifer Lawrence in 'American Hustle'
The 'American Idol' host – who suffered mild kidney failure earlier this year, and was hospitalized with blood clots on his lungs last month – has changed his lifestyle because he is "scared" of dying and leaving behind his wife Mariah Carey and their 10-month-old twins Moroccan and Monroe.
Nick – who has been married to the singer since 2008 - said: “I want to be there for my children. You want to make sure you’re alive more than anything. I’m having a good time, though.
"It’s scary when you think about your health — where it can go — but when you’re doing it for the right reasons, and I’ve overcome so much in the past few months, it’s good.”
But the 31-year-old star initially thought doctors were "joking" when they warned him he might die if he did not slow down.
Win a round trip, seven-night vacation to Ireland this St. Patrick’s Day
What’s going on in Ireland in March - St Patrick’s Day events, music, festivals, and more
He added to America's OK! magazine: "I thought it was them over-exaggerating. [I was,] like, ‘Yeah, right.’ And then, when I had a couple more scares and things got serious, I was, like, ‘Okay, this isn’t a joke. I’ve got to change the way I’m living my life.’ ”
Since being warned about his health, Nick quit his drive-time radio show on 92.3 NOW FM "under doctor's orders" last month, and he is now being "nursed" back to health by Mariah.
He explained: “She’s always taking care of me. She’s my nurse. She makes sure I take all my medications, makes sure I eat. It’s great!”
Despite his health concerns, Nick plans to continue presenting 'America's Got Talent' - which is set to start filming again this summer in New York City - because he believes it's "going to be the biggest show in the world."
Be the first to make a comment.
Latest Gossip Stories
- Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are planning a festive break in France...
- Lindsay Lohan is reportedly dating Liam Neeson's son Michael...
- Colin Farrell thinks there’s a double standard for women when it comes to bad behavior...
- Jamie Dornan will be great in “Fifty Shades of Gray” says Charlie Hunnam...
- James Franco and Chris O’Dowd to star in “Of Mice and Men” on Broadway...