Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Mariah Carey's husband Nick Cannon transferred to a hospital in LA after kidney failure
Posted on Thursday, January 05, 2012 at 10:30 AM
- Demi Lovato's new tattoo reminds her of overcoming difficult things in life
- One Direction's Harry Styles wants to date royalty to improve his credibility status
- Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart have reportedly split up - again
- Suki Waterhouse pursued "Hangover 3" star Bradley Cooper
- One Direction star Harry Styles spent the night with Rod Stewart's daughter Kimberly
|Mariah Carey & Nick Cannon (ABC News)|
to a facility closer to the home he shares with wife Mariah Carey and their eight-month-old twins Moroccan and Monroe.
He tweeted: "Currently being transfered to a hospital in LA. Thank you all for all your love, prayers and concern. You know me … I will be a'ight (sic)"
Onlookers revealed Nick – accompanied by his family – was transferred via private jet from Colorado to California.
One source told Us Weekly magazine: "Nick looked pretty frail and weak, but Mariah was helping him."
Mariah, 41, revealed Nick's condition to be stable but said he is "in a lot of pain", though the couple believe he will be on the road to recovery very soon.
She told People: "As always, he's in good spirits considering the situation. We are hopeful that he'll be 100 percent as soon as possible. We really appreciate everybody's love and support."
The 'Fantasy' hitmaker revealed Nick had been taken ill on her twitter page yesterday and asked fans to pray for her "brave" spouse. She tweeted: "Please pray for Nick as he's fighting to recover from a mild kidney failure. #mybraveman (sic)"