Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Mariah Carey’s husband convinced her to join the ‘American Idol’ panel
Posted on Saturday, December 15, 2012 at 10:41 AM
- One Direction are close to signing a deal for their own reality show
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother
- Susan Boyle believes her mother's ghost is with her "all the time"
- The Wanted star Siva Kaneswaran has got engaged to his long-term girlfriend Nareesha McCaffrey
- John Travolta's was upset 'Look Who's Talking' costar Kirstie Alley flirted with him
|Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon|
The ‘Hero’ singer admitted she was initially wary of taking a role on the judging panel of the pop star search show but ‘America’s Got Talent’ host Nick Cannon talked her into it.
She said: “He really wanted me to do this. I had my own kind of reservations about it because I didn’t know how I would adapt to the situation. It’s a huge deal."
However, Mariah admitted she would have hated to be a contestant on the show when she was first starting out.
She said: "I get really attached to certain people for different reasons whether it’s their story or what it mainly is is talent. Sometimes I see myself in some of the contestants when I first started and I’m glad I didn’t have to do a show like this. I would have hated it!
"It’s been really fun. We’re still in the beginning stages but I’ve learned a lot. I want to continue to be the best I can be in order to help contestants. It’s that for me.
"I don’t know if I have a judging style. I try to speak as frankly as possible, but as kindly as possible not sugar coating the whole thing because that does nobody any good and that’s boring to watch."
Be the first to make a comment.
Latest Gossip Stories
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother ...
- The Wanted star Siva Kaneswaran has got engaged to his long-term girlfriend Nareesha McCaf...
- Susan Boyle believes her mother's ghost is with her "all the time"...
- One Direction are close to signing a deal for their own reality show...
- Noel Gallagher thinks "embarrassing" Miley Cyrus has put female artists back "five years"...
- John Travolta's was upset 'Look Who's Talking' costar Kirstie Alley flirted with him...