Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Mariah Carey’s husband convinced her to join the ‘American Idol’ panel
Posted on Saturday, December 15, 2012 at 10:41 AM
- Ronnie Wood hasn't been able to pin down Niall Horan for guitar lessons
- Tara Reid claims she was glassed in the face by a "psycho" clubber
- Amy Adams hit Bradley Cooper so hard he needed an ice pack on "American Hustle"
- Lindsay Lohan apologized to Oprah Winfrey for being linked to Barron Hilton assault
- Ellen DeGeneres slammed reports her marriage to Portia de Rossi on the rocks
|Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon|
The ‘Hero’ singer admitted she was initially wary of taking a role on the judging panel of the pop star search show but ‘America’s Got Talent’ host Nick Cannon talked her into it.
She said: “He really wanted me to do this. I had my own kind of reservations about it because I didn’t know how I would adapt to the situation. It’s a huge deal."
However, Mariah admitted she would have hated to be a contestant on the show when she was first starting out.
She said: "I get really attached to certain people for different reasons whether it’s their story or what it mainly is is talent. Sometimes I see myself in some of the contestants when I first started and I’m glad I didn’t have to do a show like this. I would have hated it!
"It’s been really fun. We’re still in the beginning stages but I’ve learned a lot. I want to continue to be the best I can be in order to help contestants. It’s that for me.
"I don’t know if I have a judging style. I try to speak as frankly as possible, but as kindly as possible not sugar coating the whole thing because that does nobody any good and that’s boring to watch."
Be the first to make a comment.
Latest Gossip Stories
- Courteney Cox is dating Snow Patrol County Derry musician Johnny McDaid...
- Bono, Charlize Theron among stars at Nelson Mandela's memorial...
- Will Ferrell tried to keep Kanye West happy on the set of "Anchorman 2"...
- Vin Diesel comforted by Paul Walker's family after losing his "other half"...
- Paris Hilton's brother plans to sue Lindsay Lohan after ordered attack...
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother ...