Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Mariah Carey says Whitney Houston's funeral was a 'class act' - VIDEO
Posted on Thursday, February 23, 2012 at 09:24 AM
- ‘Twilight’ couple Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson had reportedly grown apart
- ‘X Factor’ judge Demi Lovato is having her tonsils out this summer
- Lindsay Lohan allegedly struggling with her latest stint in rehab
- Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart reportedly going their separate ways after latest split
- ‘One Direction’ lothario Harry Styles is reportedly being romantically pursued by Ke$ha and Rihanna
Mariah said: "I'm almost incapable of talking about this still. It's very heavy emotionally…
"[The service] was gorgeous. Such a class act. The way she went out and the way family dealt with it, I was very moved."
Mariah duetted with Whitney in 1998 on 'When You Believe' and was delighted to have forged a friendship with the 'I Will Always Love You' hitmaker after they were previously seen as rivals.
Irish call for apology following 'Drunk Vomiting Shamrocks' clothing line
1.2 million Irish court records from 1850 to 1910 now available online
Speaking on 'Good Morning America', she added: "It was great, and I don't think people could ever understand our relationship.
"There was always this supposed rivalry in the beginning and then we did the duet and we became friends. I saw her toward the end. I loved her. We all loved her… May she rest in peace. "
Watch Mariah Carey & Whitney Houston When You Believe below: