Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Mariah Carey hopes her 'American Idol' feud with fellow judge Nicki Minaj will be good for the show's ratings
Posted on Wednesday, January 09, 2013 at 08:24 AM
- Paris Hilton angered by Nelson Mandela Twitter hoax
- George Clooney finds gay rumors about himself amusing
- Amanda Bynes is advised against attending fashion school
- George Clooney isn't bothered about not being a father
- Amanda Bynes has been released from rehab
|Nicki Minaj and Mariah Carey|
She told Barbara Walters in a new interview with ABC News: "It felt like an unsafe work environment. Anytime anybody's reeling threats at somebody, you know, it's not appropriate."
"I'm a professional. I'm not used to that type of environment," before revealing that she hired extra body guards because she felt it "was the appropriate thing to do."
She added: "Sitting there on the road with two babies, I'm not going to take any chances."
Mariah is one of the three new judges to join the reality TV show's judging panel for its new season, which kicks off on January 16.
And the singer admitted that she hopes her battle with Nicki will help to boost the show's ratings.
She said: "For all the drama, I hope it helps the show."
Mariah's husband Nick Cannon previously insisted he "wasn't concerned" Nicki would be a threat to his wife's safety.
He said: "I wasn't concerned. That's exactly what you called it - drama. With drama, it's theatrics. I'm not worried about that stuff.
"I wasn't there. It made for good news. It sounded good, right? Good job, Fox!"
Be the first to make a comment.
Latest Gossip Stories
- George Clooney isn't bothered about not being a father...
- Amanda Bynes has been released from rehab...
- Jamie Dornan heads to Canada as filming begins on “Fifty Shades of Grey”...
- U2 pays tribute to late South African leader at screening of “Mandela: Long Walk to Freedo...
- Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are planning a festive break in France...
- Lindsay Lohan is reportedly dating Liam Neeson's son Michael...