Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Mariah Carey approached Simon Cowell about being a judge on 'The X Factor' USA
Posted on Saturday, September 15, 2012 at 10:09 AM
- “Dracula” star Jonathan Rhys Meyers spotted partying in London nightclubs
- Tragic “Fast and Furious” star Paul Walker proud of his Irish roots
- Orlando Bloom is dating 'Lord of the Rings' co-star Liv Tyler
- Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are planning a festive break in France
- Lindsay Lohan is reportedly dating Liam Neeson's son Michael
However, the 52-year-old music mogul didn't want her on the series because he didn't think she could be nasty enough to the pop hopefuls.
He told In Touch Weekly magazine: "Mariah called me about 'X Factor' and I met with her but my main concern was that she might have found it harder on 'The X Factor' than on 'Idol'. 'Idol' is a more gentle show and Mariah is not someone who wants to say no to people."
Judges Nicole Scherzinger and Paula Abdul left 'The X Factor' after its' debut season in America and were replaced by Britney Spears and Demi Lovato for the new series. They are joined by Simon and L.A. Reid.
Simon also revealed he made the decision to quit 'American Idol' after so many successful years because he was "bored".
He explained: "I was bored on the show. I didn't think it was fair to the network that they were paying me to be bored.
"Over time on 'The X Factor' the weak will go and the strong will survive. I believe with all my heart that 'The X Factor' is the best show."
Be the first to make a comment.
Latest Gossip Stories
- U2 pays tribute to South African leader at screening of “Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom”...
- Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are planning a festive break in France...
- Lindsay Lohan is reportedly dating Liam Neeson's son Michael...
- Colin Farrell thinks there’s a double standard for women when it comes to bad behavior...
- Jamie Dornan will be great in “Fifty Shades of Gray” says Charlie Hunnam...