Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Mariah Carey admits she and her fellow ‘American Idol’ judges often argue
Posted on Wednesday, January 16, 2013 at 08:32 AM
- ‘Twilight’ star Kristen Stewart enjoyed a night at Hooters in Texas
- Amanda Bynes to under second surgery on her nose
- Channing Tatum will produce new comedy sitcom 'Nicky'
- Oscar winner Ben Affleck says three kids is 'enough’
- Robert Pattinson is renting a holiday home in Canada for the summer after split from Kristen Stewart
|Carey with the other judges |
from American Idol
She told E! News: "We have to go against each other sometimes to say, 'But wait, this person has something amazing! Maybe you're not seeing it. It's a little bit beyond your comprehension at this moment, but there's something great about this person.'"
However, they don’t always disagree.
She added: "We're also unanimous about a lot of great people that are here! We're excited about the people that are here right now. We all feel that they're above average in talent and personality."
While Nicki found it easy to reject contestants during the auditions, she has struggled to do so as the series progresses.
She explained: "The human side of you comes out eventually, when you're looking at people that are this close to fulfilling their dream and in their head they have already seen it come to fruition, so saying no, it's like a dagger."