Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Maria Shriver is 'heartbroken' - releases statement about Arnold Schwarzenegger revelations
Posted on Wednesday, May 18, 2011 at 10:41 AM
- Niall Horan says eating Irish sausages and playing Croke Park will be ‘biggest moment’ in One Direction career
- One Direction's boys claim their tour bus is surprisingly boring
- Demi Moore wants Ashton Kutcher to pay for her New York home renovations
- Christine Quinn and Khloe Kardashian almost wore same wedding dress - 'I was devastated because that was my dress!' says mayoral hopeful
- Tori Spelling's husband Dean McDermott gave her a 3-carat diamond ring to mark their seventh wedding anniversary
In a statement, she said: “This is a painful and heartbreaking time. As a mother, my concern is for the children. I ask for compassion, respect and privacy as my children and I try to rebuild our lives and heal. I will have no further comment."
Arnold - the former Governor of California – previously explained he “takes full responsibility” for the anguish he has caused his Maria, who has since moved out of the former couple’s marital home, and their children.
He said: “I understand and deserve the feelings of anger and disappointment among my friends and family. There are no excuses and I take full responsibility for the hurt I have caused.
“I am truly sorry.”
Maria Shriver well-used to love rats from her Kennedy family background
Arnold Schwarzenegger split - Maria Shriver discovered he fathered a child 10 years ago with staff member